Sunday, 24 July 2011

Sew & Learn

Okay, so I already knew that you have to take extra care when using directional fabric so that they end up in the right place on your finished project.  But in my excitement to try out a lovely, quick and easy new handbag pattern all that directional fabric knowledge just flew straight out the window.                                                        

So I cut, I sewed and.....I realized that I had a bag with a directional print in the wrong direction! In order to get the length for my pattern I'd had to cut my funky (directional) bird fabric the wrong way.  Booo. 
On the bright side the bag is still functional, fabric is still pretty and if you like funky birds - well, they don't get more funky than sitting in horizontal trees!  Mistakes happen, sometimes you can salvage a project, sometimes you just have to learn to live with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment